Monday 2 November 2009

"What does that make us?" "Big damn heroes, sir!"



The future.

My thoughts on what the future would hold. As in, when i'm grown up, what advances would the world have made technologically? What fantastic new things would be there?

I'd like to hope that we engage and grow as a species. That we manage to transcend the atmosphere and explore the universe. Yes, I'd love to be an astronaut; but I know it's not going to happen. I'm not nearly clever/fit/rich enough for that to happen. But to be part of constructing something like that, assisting in flight? Dream come true.

As you can tell, i'm enthusiastic about space. The idea attracts me so much; the endless depths, the uncharted territory of the universe. We could find millions of different species, minerals, sights. Ever since I was small, I loved adventure. Loved the sense of exploring a new place, loved the thrill of seeing new sights. Utterly great.

New planets also intruige me. I'd love to get a comet/planet named after me, to stay there for eternity. My life goal, that'll never ever be accomplished? First Man on Titan (largest Moon of Jupiter). I can always dream :)

Different types of propulsion also interest me; replacing inefficient combustion engines in cars and shuttles nowadays with more simple ideas - creating a small vaccum to propel it? Possibly. Pioneering companies also try and tackle this in innovitive new ways - Honda, Volkswagon and Microsoft all work towards this goal.

Ah well. Enough rambling. I've got a cracking idea for an article that just occured to me, so I might go and write a bit of that up ;). Will probably involve a lot of questioning, could be interesting. So if you're reading this chances are i'll ask you :).

Toodles for now!

2 comments:

  1. i took up physics because i am completely and utterly fascinated and obsessed with space. then i realised that really, physics is fuckin hard and i suck at maths.
    but i got lent a really awesome book on space that cheered me up. and aliens creep me the fuck out. i think they're real and if i think too hard i get terrified!
    i'm so watching mars attacks tonight. thankyou raffi for unconsciously making my film decision.
    and well done on the firefly title ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm, you could always look into developing new fuels and..... stuff. Idk, I'm not a physics person (youcantellright?!!??!?!) but you know what I mean.
    Designing a rocket would be so awesome though!

    ReplyDelete